Saturday, February 05, 2005

Life

At the tender age of almost 27, I still have no clue what I want to do with my life. Okay, that is a bit of an overstatement, but some times I question what I am trying to do with my life. I love being a parent, I love launching companies, but I lack personal skills that I need to do my job well.

My wife career is starting to take off, and that puts me in an interesting position. Assuming I take a job it is probably within 1-2 years worth more for her to work then for me to work, and frankly I like being around the kids rather a lot. They are lots of fun, when they are not being pains, but that is only some of the time. Heck I am writing this with Avi on my lap as we speak.

Assuming Iris likes what she does, and she does like it so far, I do not have salable skills in the same way. If people ask what I do, I tell them that I start companies, but I am not some weeks sure what that means either. Iris is a patent attorney.

I lack the people and organizational skills to be a really good Entrepreneur, I also am not that good at betting with other peoples money, I am scared of failure and sometimes I do not make sense of stuff that I should. In essence, I have flaws, but then again who does not. What is interesting is I point them out more then most people. As I think about it most other people also have flaws, but they hide them better, and when confronted about them they can not admit that they are wrong. Both sides of the coin has problems the trick I think is finding a middle ground.

I need to get more confident, and I need to start to see people for who they are rather then who they present themselves to be. I need to learn how to get organized and I need to work on my personal skills. All of this is just stuff that I need to do, and I need to get to a point where I am taking less risks.

The issue is I tend to play to the edge and when I fall off I crash for months of end. This does not help me, but it really is a case of playing close to the edge for my whole life. What is so scary about my wife working is that I can see a scenario where I do not need to play close to the edge again, and I wonder if I will get better or worse at what I do?

Benjamin




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home