Sunday, October 31, 2004

Transgender Words (You know words that cross dress)

I just finished another day of Ulpan, and I must say some things want to make me cry. Actually I cried in class over this issue. I was laughing at the same time. Everything is Israel is gender matched. You do not only need to remember the name of an item, but what gender it is. Gender is important as it effects how you write verbs and adjectives and all the other stuff in the sentence. So it turns out that one out of every so many plural words have a gender issue where they are written as if they are male or female but they are not. This probably does not sound like much of a problem to you, but to me with my dyslexic brain already maxed out this is just living hell. There is nothing I can do about it, but still it was enough to make me cry. The teacher did not understand what upset me, but that is just part of life.

I must say I am learning but it is slow and steady that might win the day maybe.

Benjamin


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home