Sunday, March 27, 2005

Purim

If I see any more junk food within 100 feet of me I am going to have stomach ache, wait I already have one.

This has been a holiday weekend that started on Thursday night, and now my gut is paying for the food. I sorta kinda wish that I did not have quite such an appetite for junk, but since I accept full responsibility for my gluttony, I had better sit and smile.

The most striking thing all weekend was going to this picnic, where my son Sam was out stealing food from other peoples tables, and for the first time in my life I was not that worried about it not being Kosher.

It is amazing going to the park and seeing all the Jewish people eating food together to celebrate Purim. It is a kind of a nation building experience.

Now I just need to get over, over-eating and stop being sick and I can get on with my life.

The joys and pains of Purim.

Benjamin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home