Tuesday, November 23, 2004

New apartment is clean

Okay,

I admit it I am a slob, and I need someone to clean for me. It is not that I am a snob, I can tell you that I am happy with a 20 year old car. Actually I love my Volvo I was planning on using it as a work horse for this book business, but I really just want to keep it for myself. It just says me in so many ways. But back to being a slob.

We lived for almost 10 weeks without someone who could clean and I can tell you that we muddled through but it was not easy. We just got a new cleaning person and the apartment is clean, and it just makes me so happy. I am learning about my mess tollance and it just is not as low as it used to be.

I am going to london for a bit of consulting work, it probably will be a short term project, but it will be fun, and I should be able to stay busy.

It is I think key to do work around the world if you are going to live here, as a good salary here is 5-7,000 NIS per month, and a high tech salary is 2-3x that, but still it is hard to live on that with the tax rate. I figure most people who live here either live on love for the land, or live on money from abroad.

My office is not heated, which should not be much of a problem except that it gets cold at night. I am thinking about getting a heavy curten for the window which is glassless to stay warm. I bought two very inefficent lamps which are providing about the right level of heat if I can close off the window.

Have a good week.

Benjamin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home